Saturday, February 9, 2013

Our Favorite Pizza Recipes

Pizza & Salad is a favorite dinner around our house.  I'd say we have it on the menu almost every week.  When Michael and I were first married he would make the dough and I would make the sauce, and we made some very yummy pizzas.  As the years past and we added four kids to the mix things changed....we were buying pre-made crusts (which aren't bad but have NOTHING on homemade dough!) and jars of sauce.  I've decided we need to go back to our roots and start making the dough and sauce again ourselves.  I started this week by making pizza dough for the first time.  I'm here to tell you it was the easiest thing to make, and ten times better than the store bought crust.  It's especially easy if you let your mixer do the work.  In my excitement over the changes were making to pizza night, I want to share our favorite recipes with you.  

Our Favorite Pizzas:
Classic Dough & Sauce recipes (tried and true!)
Pesto Pizza: (crust, pesto, tomatoes, mozz)
Thai Chicken Pizza: Saute pieces of chicken in sesame oil until done cooking.  Add peanut sauce to coat and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.  For pizza:  (base) olive oil + peanut sauce + garlic (toppings) mozz, sliced red onions and thai chicken
Black Bean Pizza
Easy Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza
White Pizza with Chicken Sausage and Onions
Big Boy Pizza
Skyline Pizza
Taco Pizza

And for dessert...Fruit Pizza cookies!

What's your favorite kind of Pizza Pie?  Please share recipes in the comments below, as I'm always looking for new things to make!






 (taste testing the dough)

2 comments:

Joseph Carr said...

Though pre-made pizza dough is good, it still doesn’t beat the homemade dough because you could make it as thick or thin as you want it. And the taste of homemade food is definitely much better than anything else. Now that you have kids with you, I guess it is time for you to teach them making their own pizza. It’s a fun family bonding. Try it sometime.
-Fresh & Healthy

The Little Things Mama said...

Exactly right Joseph! And homemade dough is soooo easy to make! I whip up the dough while my 10 year old makes the sauce.