Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Easy Food Processor Salsa

Tis the season for tomatoes!  And fresh tomatoes in my kitchen means SALSA!  I thought I
made the perfect salsa recipe last summer, but no...this one beats it!  And it's super easy to make.  I took a few recipes that my readers shared with me, combined with ingredients I had on hand, switched things up to my liking and VOILA!

FRESH SALSA ::

Ingredients:
5-6 cups Fresh Tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cups Onion, chopped
1 large spoonful of Minced Garlic
1 Jalapeno, de-seeded (or not if you like it HOT)
1/4 tsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 small bunch Cilantro
1/4 cup Lime Dressing or Lime Juice to the equivalent of a 1/2 Lime

In your food processor blend together all ingredients EXCEPT the tomatoes until well blended.  Add tomatoes and pulse until you reach the desired consistency.  Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours for the flavors to blend and reach their full potential.  Then enjoy with some chips!

Here's some more pictures of my salsa...and of Henry....who couldn't stand that I was photographing food and not him.

I used red & yellow tomatoes...YUM!  Thanks to my CSA...Raines and Sun rocks!

 Take my picture mommy!

Two thumbs up says Henry.

No comments: